LPS Brasil’ investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding LPS Brasil’ intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- changes in the real estate development market;
- the future growth of real estate developers and their ability to obtain funding;
- the occurrence of bankruptcy or other significant financial problems of LPS Brasil’ developer-clients, mainly those whose developments in the construction or planning phases the Company brokers;
- LPS Brasil’ failure to be contracted by real estate developers to broker their new real estate developments, as well as to keep out current levels of brokerage fees;
- changes in the Company‘s management team or LPS Brasil’ ability to attract and keep new executives;
- increases in the Company’s costs, such as those related to an increase in the number of its employees, service providers and managers, as well as those related to changes in their remuneration as part of its new operating model;
- the Company’s inability to implement its business strategy, including expanding into cities in Brazil other than São Paulo and increasing its activities in the previously owned properties segment;
- LPS Brasil’ failure to meet its strategic and financial goals;
- The Company’s failure to enter into written contracts with some of its developer-clients for real estate consulting and brokerage services;
- potential liabilities under LPS Brasil’ August 2006 corporate restructuring;
- the non-enforceability of contracts assigned to the Company as part of LPS Brasil’ August 2006 corporate restructuring;
- a decrease in the average market price of real estate in Brazil;
- possible increases in the availability of credit in the real estate industry and the consequent possible decrease in the demand from developer-clients for the Company’s services;
- possible decreases in the number of LPS Brasil’ independent brokers;
- competition in the markets in which the Company operates, including from real estate developers that have in-house sales structures to market their developments;
- inappropriate conduct of some of LPS Brasil’ independent brokers that damages its image and adversely affects its financial results;
- existing and future regulation applicable to the real estate market, particularly those relating to the Company’s real estate brokerage activities;
- general economic, political and business conditions in Brazil and the impact of these conditions on the real estate market;
- inflation in Brazil, devaluation of the real, decrease in Brazilian income or salary levels, fluctuations in interest rates, and the impact of these factors on the real estate market;
- events in other emerging markets;
- changes to laws and regulations applicable to LPS Brasil or to the interpretation of such laws and regulations by government authorities;
- the interests of LPS Brasil’ controlling shareholder;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect LPS Brasil’ future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. LPS Brasil’ future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.